Wednesday 15 May 2013

Chicken burger

The quality of the produce really makes a different, I used to buy my chicken from coles or woolworth's fresh produce counter. A few years back, I tried lilydale free range chicken, never buy anything else again. It is succulent, tender and taste like chicken. I know, sounds a bit funny that it taste like chicken, once you have it and if it's cook properly, you'll know what I mean. 


I pre-heat the oven while I prep the sweet potato, the side is sweet potato fries. After I fired it, I put it in a tray with something to absorb the oil, and keep it crunchy and in there till everything else is ready.

I coated the chicken with thin layer of batter, and deep fried it. Took it out and dipped in the batter again and fried till the bottom is golden brown, then flip it. 
While the chicken is frying, chop the onion, put some salt and stir fry it. Put the bun in the oven with the sweet potato fries. Once the chicken is golden brown, press it to be sure it's half firm, then put it in the oven for about 3-5 mins to rest. 

It's a quick 20-30 min meal, the fryer and the oven does most of the work. And its only about 5-6 dollar for two portions, it was a big chicken, I only used 1 chicken breast. 


No comments:

Post a Comment