Monday 13 May 2013

salmon water melon

I made this on a really hot day, I was just taken by the heat and didn't want to turn on the stove.

I have marinated tofu last night with soy sauce, garlic, ginger and sugar.
it is dressed withe the marinated and fresh ginger. I grow basil and it is flowering so I pick the bud and the top leaf as garnish, the bud gives it an amazing aroma.

The smoked salmon is wrapped around water melon and top with pesto I made, it's mainly basil with a little oregano and very little garlic to give it that kick, also a little pine nuts and chest nuts. 

The cucumber is sliced thinly and dressed with japanese mandarin radish sauce.
The idea is have something mild and sweet- the salmon and water melon, then something refreshing but with a bit a kick(the japanese sauce is a little hot like washbi) then something that's creamy yet refreshing from the taste of  ginger. 


No comments:

Post a Comment