Monday 13 May 2013

grill pork with Jerusalem artichoke

I would like to think I'm a foodie, but to my surprise when I had this dish at a restaurant, I have not had anything that's on the plate expect for the barramundi, I have not even heard of the rest of the ingredient. I loved everything on the plate, kale, grey ghost, and Jerusalem artichoke. 

This is my own dish inspired by that dish.


Grilled pork, Jerusalem Artichoke mesh with oregano, white mushroom,
 fried Jerusalem artichoke and fried Jerusalem artichoke skin with the pork's glaze. 


Jerusalem artichoke done three different way, and they taste completely different. it is amazing. The fragrant of it in the mesh is the most noticeable. The fried bits absorb the glaze, making it taste sweet and with the flavor of the pork. The fried Jerusalem artichoke skin is with batter, make is crunchy on the outside and spongy on the inside. 

The mushroom is seasoned with salt ad pepper, keeping it simple.
I fired the oregano and sprinkled it. The pork is grilled and infused with rosemary and olive oil. 

Took me about 45 mins from prep and finishing the dish. It's a healthy and amazingly delicious dish. 

Jerusalem artichokes have also been promoted as a healthy choice for diabetics. The reason for this being the case is because fructose is better tolerated by people that are diabetic. The artichoke contains about 10% protein, no oil, and a surprising lack of starch. However, it is rich in the carbohydrate inulin (76%), which is a polymer of the monosaccharide fructose. Tubers that are stored for any length of time will digest its inulin into its component fructose. 

Cost for two is about 8 dollars total. 




No comments:

Post a Comment